Welcome to Innovation SIG!
Our agenda for EURAM 2012 in Rotterdam includes (click on the event of your choice):
- Innovation – Into the Future General Track offers an umbrella for any innovation-related research that does not find a home in the more specific tracks provided below.
- Open Innovation is organised by Fraunhofer Center for Central and Eastern Europe (MOEZ), Germany in cooperation with scholars from Italy (Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata ; Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna), the Netherlands (University of Twente), and Spain (Complutense University of Madrid).
- Front End of Innovation chaired by Jan van den Ende, Rotterdam School of Management, invites research papers on how a process for internal and external ideas can be most effectively set up and managed.
- Supply Chain Innovation focuses on social and environmental aspects of supply chain innovation.
- Organizing creativity for innovation: Multidisciplinary perspectives, theories, and practices is the most multi-national in the SIG and organised by scholars from the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Turkey and Mexico.
- Innovation in Chinese Firms looks at implications for European and other Western firms that want to build relationships with China.
- Innovation in Indian Firms aims at how innovation is organised in Indian firms and what are the implications for European and other Western firms that want to build relationships with India.
- Service Innovation & Hybrid Value Creation is looking for papers that connect the service domain with recent topics in innovation research.
- Strategic Innovation & Transformation is interested in the area in conceptual contributions, literature reviews, case studies, comparative and empirical analyses in form of either full research papers or research-in-progress.
- Business Model Innovation calls for papers that provide new theoretical perspectives on and/or empirical insights into business model innovation.
- Managing Innovation in Ecosystems This track has been merged with Track 30 targets at an important question still to be answered – how do business ecosystems influence the value creation of their residents?
- ICT-enabled Innovations explores This track has been merged with Track 30 addresses the issue of how business transformation and innovation could be achieved through the implementation of Green and Utility ICT initiatives?
- Frontiers in Foresight for Innovation This track has been merged with Track 30 aims to start the strategic conversation in foresight and of foresight in innovation.
- Managing Service Innovation welcomes theoretical and empirical papers about service innovation and specially encourages to submit papers on the managerial challenges of the transformative service innovation processes.
- Innovation & Sport is co-organised with the SIG ‘Sport as a Business: Internationalisation, Professionnalisation, Commercialisation’ to address the lack of cross-disciplinary studies bridging between innovation and sports.
- The Times They Are Changing: Boundaries, territories, and organizations This track has been merged with Track 30 is co-organised with the SIGs ’Corporate Governance’ and ‘Organizational Behaviour’. It focuses on the practices within organisations to enhance the communication among scholars and practitioners in the suggested areas.
Top of Page
The programme of the Practitioners Symposium ’Innovation in Action’ is currently under construction and more details will be provided shortly.
Invites PhD-students addressing research problems in the area of Innovation, R&D and technology management to discuss preliminary and intermediate results with mentors. GENERAL EURAM Doctoral Colloquium takes place prior to the conference – please submit via EURAM www.euram2012.nl. Click here to download the Call for for the Doctoral Colloquium.
Top of Page
Professors Joe Tidd and John Bessant – authors of the best-selling texts Managing Innovation: Integrating technological, market and organisational change (Wiley, fourth edition, 2009; http://www.managing-innovation.com/) and Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Wiley, second edition, 2011; http://www.iande.info/) will be leading a workshop on Teaching Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Rotterdam as part of the ‘Innovation SIG’ EURAM 2012. Download additional information by clicking here.
The Innovation SIG offers to delegates a range of Special Issues / Sections on “Social innovation for competitiveness, organizational performance and human excellence” for publication in innovation-related journals. Particularly,
- Subject to the usual referee and revision processes, papers which have implications for the theory and/or practice of R&D management will be considered for a Special Issue or theme in R&D Management to be edited by John Bessant, Jeff Butler and Anna Trifilova. Potential authors or delegates are welcome to discuss the range and suitability of topics (please email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Subject to the usual referee and revision processes, papers which have implications for the theory and/or practice of decision-making will be considered for a Special Issue or theme in Management Decision edited by SIG chairs.
- Subject to the usual referee and revision processes, papers which have implications for the theory and/or practice of creativity and innovation management will be considered for a Special Issue or theme in Creativity and Innovation Management edited by SIG chairs with Petra C. de Weerd-Nederhof.
- Subject to the usual referee and revision processes, papers which have implications for the theory and/or practice of Technology management will be considered for a Special Issue or theme in International Journal of Technology Management and Sustainable Development edited by SIG chairs with Mohammed Saad.
- Papers of the Track 32 Front End of Innovation’ will be considered for publication in the Journal of Product Innovation Management (forthcoming January 2013), edited by the track chairs with Andrea Prencipe.
- Papers of the Track 33 ’Supply Chain Innovation’ will be considered for publication in the Journal of Supply Chain Management, edited by the track chairs.
- Papers of the Track 36 ’Innovation in Indian Firms’ will be considered for publication in South Asian Journal of Management, edited by the track chairs.
- Papers of the Track 39 ’Business Model Innovation’ will be considered for publication in International Journal of Innovation Management (IJIM), Special Issue on “Business Model Innovation”, edited by the track chairs.
Top of Page
It is our honour and pleasure to announce for EURAM 2012 Innovation SIG delegates a NSN Award for the best paper in Technology Management.
All papers submitted for the tracks Innovation that are thought-provoking, challenging, inspiring, and outstanding from Technology management perspective would be considered for this Award.
We hope for a fruitful cooperation and grateful to Fabian Schlage, Head of Innovation Management NSN for this opportunity provided to our delegates.
It is our honour and pleasure to inspire EURAM 2012 Innovation SIG delegates to submit for this award in the form of conceptual, theoretical, methodological or empirical developments. The recipient of the TUM-Research Excellence Award in Innovation & Leadership 2012 of the PPF will:
- be recognized at the 11th EURAM Conference, June 6th – 8th 2012 in Rotterdam
- receive prize money of 10,000 EUR and
- have the opportunity to present his/her research in the prominent setting of the TUM - Institute of Advanced Studies.
Submissions must be sent electronically and should include:
- a copy of the scholarly contribution to be considered for the award,
- a one page summary of the contribution, its intention and impact,
- a publication list and full CV of the early career scholar to be considered for the award that clearly states his/her academic achievements so far.
Nominations as well as submissions have to be received no later than February 29, 2012 by the Chair of the Award Selection Committee Prof. Dr. Ralf Reichwald via email@example.com. For queries and further information please contact Claudia Lehmann Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top of Page
As part of implementation of the Conference Theme on ’Social Innovation’ – we invite SIG members to join us for ’Canapé Party’ & ’Innovation Handball’.
Closer to the time of the Conference we provide details of the ’Canapé Party’ venue – everyone is welcome!
’Innovation Handball’ is co-organised with ‘Sport as a Business: Internationalisation, Professionalization, Commercialisation’ SIG. It includes lots of networking, fun and many happy smiles.
For any information, please contact Innovation SIG Programme Chair Dr Anna Trifilova via email@example.com
Strategic Interest Groups > Innovation