Welcome to Corporate Governance SIG at EURAM 2012
Mission and scope of Corporate Governance SIG
The corporate governance SIG welcomes studies exploring various aspects - antecedents and consequences - of corporate governance and boards of directors. Contributions adopting a wide set of theoretical lenses and research methods are strongly encouraged as well as studies analyzing corporate governance in different types of enterprises and different contexts, including different countries and regional cultures.
The corporate governance SIG has had a presence at EURAM since 2002 with the ambition to explore corporate governance and boards of directors from a management perspective. Since 2005 it has been developed in collaboration with the European Corporate Governance Group (ECGG) whose main aim is to support and develop a European management related corporate governance community. Aside from the annual meeting, the SIG offers a number of events throughout the year, including workshops and doctoral events.
Our agenda for EURAM 2012 in Rotterdam includes (click on the event of your choice):
Announced Special Issues
Best Paper and Best Reviewer Awards
Pre-conference Program and Social Event
- Corporate Governance General Track invites contributions from all areas related to corporate governance that are not explicitly covered by other tracks within the COGO SIG. Track chairs: Joan Enric Ricart, Alessandro Zattoni, Silke Machold, Pascual Berrone
- Behavioral Perspectives on Corporate Governance: Boards of Directors and Worker Involvement invites papers that examine boards of directors and their relationships with the firm from a behavioral perspective, i.e., studies exploring the antecedents and consequences of board (non)involvement as well as analyzing boardroom dynamics, processes and structures. Track chairs: Gerwin van der Laan, Annette van den Berg, Ann Jorissen, Olivier van der Brempt, Hans van Ees
- Family Business Research invites papers that provide new insights on topics related to family business succession, professionalization, conflict, performance dimensions, family processes, family governance systems, relational governance, non-economic goals and the role of trust. Track chairs: Andrea Calabro, Cristina Cruz, Donata Mussolino, Wim Voordeckers
- Governance of public and nonprofit organizations track is looking for papers that contribute to the development of an interdisciplinary research agenda investigating characteristics, scope and socio-economic features of different governance systems for public organizations in different social, cultural, political and economic environments. Track chairs: Chris Cornforth, Catherine Farrell, Luca Gnan, Alessandro Hinna, Fabio Monteduro, Gianluca Veronesi, Bram Verschuere
- Top Management Teams & Business Elites welcomes papers investigating effects and antecedents of TMT and business elites’ characteristics, dynamics and behavior of upper echelons, interactions of top leaders and other executives, and stakeholders and multilevel perspectives. Track chairs: Sibel Yamak, Sabine Nielsen, Alejandro Escribá-Esteve, Alessandro Minichilli
- Women on Boards: Antecedents, Dynamics and Consequences of Divers Board Composition (Cross SIG Track Corporate Governance & Gender, Race and Diversity in Organizations) is a cross SIG track with the Gender, Race and Diversity in Organizations SIG and invites papers investigating antecedents, processes, dynamics and consequences/outcomes of the growing presence of women on boards. Track chairs: Katrin Hansen, Beverly Metcalfe, Mariateresa Torchia
Other activities at EURAM 2012 will include:
- A pre-conference session focusing on corporate governance and socially-responsible investment and investors
- A pre-conference social event
- Participation in EURAM doctoral colloqium
- SIG awards for Best Paper and Best Reviewer
- Publication of best papers in book
- A plenary session on SIG developments
- Opportunity to publish in special issues of journals: Journal of Family Business Strategy (family business track), Studies on Public and Non-profit Governance (Emerald) (Public and non-profit governance track)
For further details, please visit http://www.euram2012.nl/r/home. Questions about the program can be addressed to the SIG program chair Wim Voordeckers on email@example.com.
Announced Special Issues
The Corporate Governance SIG offers to delegates several special issues as publication opportunities:
• The Family Business Research Track will offer a special opportunity to publish the best papers in a Special Fast Track of Journal of Family Business Strategy.
• Governance of Public and Nonprofit Organizations Track will offer an opportunity to publish the best papers in a book series; Studies on Public and Non-profit Governance (Emerald).
Best Paper and Best Reviewer Awards
As in previous conferences, we will be making awards for Best Paper and Best Reviewer in the SIG. The nominated best papers will also be published in a special booklet which will be available to all SIG members.
Pre-conference program and social event
Prior to the official EURAM opening, we will be holding our pre-conference event. This year’s topic will be on governance and socially responsible investment. On Wednesday evening, we plan to hold our annual SIG social event. Further details on both the pre-conference program and the social event will follow in due course.
- The Corporate Governance SIG organises and supports a number of events, some regular and others ad hoc. The following are examples recent and current events:
- EIASM workshops on corporate governance, family business and top management teams
- Annual Norefjell workshop on board governance
- Ad hoc workshops: Women on boards (Oslo March 2011), Board diversity (Copenhagen September 2011)
- EDEN doctoral seminar on corporate governance: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
If you are organising any workshops related to the corporate governance SIG, please contact Silke Machold on S.Machold@wlv.ac.uk. We can help you publicise your events.
The SIG TEAM
Chair: Sibel Yamak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SIG Chair Elect: Silke Machold (S.Machold@wlv.ac.uk)
SIG Programme Chair: Wim Voordeckers (email@example.com)
SIG Programme Chair-Elect: Pascual Berrone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Past chairs: Alessandro Zattoni, Morten Huse
• Representatives at large: Joan Enric Ricart & Hans van Ees
• Treasurer: Amedeo Pugliese
• Secretary: Andrea Calabro
For further information about the programme at EURAM2012, please contact the SIG Programme Chair Wim Voordeckers.
Strategic Interest Groups > Corporate Governance